Friday, December 26, 2008

Trying something new- building a Gingerbread House






I designed and cut my own pattern for the house. And I used the better crocker gingerbread cookie mix, which is a delicious cookie, not to spicey- just right for my taste. This was a bigger feat than I thought is was going to be even though I used cookie mix, next year I will plan to start this maybe a week ahead of time as you can see it was not completed before christmas day. With me being new to mixing frosting, I guess I should have bought the frosting instead, you live and you learn. Cooking Christmas dinner took presidence over the gingerbread house so it did not turn out like I imagined, but the family still said they thought it was beautiful.

1 comment:

Sherry Ways said...

That sounds like a great project! Love your blog.